The California Natural Resources Agency and the California Cultural and Historical Endowment (CCHE) are pleased to release the draft guidelines for the California Museum Grant Program for public comment. The public comment period begins December 13, 2023, and ends on February 1, 2024.
The Museum Grant Program has approximately 27.7 million available to fund projects in, or for, museums severely affected by COVID-19 and that serve historically underserved communities or students subject to Title I of the Federal Elementary and Secondary Education Act.
Additionally, projects must meet one of the following priorities:
- serving pupils and teachers at schools eligible to be served under Part A of Title I of the federal Elementary and Secondary Education Act;
- serving children in low-income communities;
- supporting museums in engaging or collaborating with underserved communities;
- advancing preservation of at-risk cultural and natural collections and historic buildings;
- improving access;
- supporting the ethical stewardship of culturally sensitive art and artifacts, including, but not limited to, engaging in consultations with California Indian tribes or repatriation; or
- educating the public about critical issues affecting Californians.
Written comments may be submitted by e-mail to: email@example.com or by U.S. mail to: California Museum Grant Program, California Natural Resources Agency, 715 P Street, 20th Floor, Sacramento, CA 95814.
The public may also provide comments during public hearings to be conducted virtually on January 23, 2024, and January 25, 2024.
Click on a date below to register:
All comments submitted within the public comment period will be reviewed and considered. Final recommendations of the guidelines will be presented to the CCHE Board for adoption in February/March 2024. Please be sure to check back on the CCHE website for upcoming CCHE Board meeting date and agenda information.
For more information on the Museum Grant Program call (916) 653-2812 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To subscribe to our ListServ to receive notifications for future Museum Grant Program solicitations, click here.