California Museum Grant Program
In 2013, Governor Jerry Brown signed Assembly Bill 482, which authorized creation of a specified competitive grant program, to support small capital projects in museums including the acquisition of real property, or construction projects at museum facilities or venues.
The California Museum awards were approved by the California Cultural and Historical Endowment June 10, 2016. Workshops for the next cycle will begin Spring 2017 with applications likely due September 2017. To get on the mailing list, please use the link below:
You can click here to sign-up for the Museum Grant Program ListServ and receive updates.
The Guidelines include information to assist you in preparing an application for funding. Please be sure to read these Guidelines, Application and Forms in their entirety for important information on project eligibility, evaluation criteria and submission requirements.
For questions on the Museum Grant Program contact the Program Coordinator at (916) 653-2812 or by
email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
GUIDELINES AND APPLICATION ARE AVAILABLE FOR DOWNLOAD HERE:
|MGP Guidelines (PDF / MS Word)
MGP Application and Forms (PDF / MS Word)
Frequently Asked Questions (PDF)
MGP Technical Workshop (MS PowerPoint)
|Proceeds from the new Snoopy Special Interest License Plate are planned to fund the program in future years. Click here to purchase your Snoopy License Plate and support California museums!|
Grant Program Updates and Solicitations
- Urban Greening
- California Museum
- California River Parkways
- California Urban Rivers
- Central Valley Project Improvement Act
- Environmental Enhancement and Mitigation (EEM)
- Past Awards
System for Online Application Review (SOAR)
References for Grantees
- Polly Escovedo
- Carol Carter (916) 651-7588 Carol.Carter@Resources.ca.gov
- Cristelle Erickson (916) 651-7593 Cristelle.Erickson@Resources.ca.gov
- Brad Juarros (916) 651-7584 Brad.Juarros@Resources.ca.gov
- Diane Sousa (916) 654-9923 Diane.Sousa@Resources.ca.gov
- Craig Zeff (916) 653-7895 Craig.Zeff@Resources.ca.gov
- Melissa Jones (916) 651-7583 Melissa.Jones@Resources.ca.gov