Restoring the ecological health of the Sacramento-San Joaquin Delta is critical for the protection of all species, aquatic and terrestrial, while providing clean, reliable water to 25 million Californians.
California Natural Resources Agency
Mission Statement: To restore, protect and manage the state's natural, historical and cultural resources for current and future generations using creative approaches and solutions based on science, collaboration and respect for all the communities and interests involved.
Protecting and managing California's 1,100 miles of coastal and ocean resources while safeguarding the diversity and abundance of marine life for generations to come.
Preserving the habitat of threatened and endangered species while ensuring that California's critical ecosystems are restored, maintained and protected.
Conserving more land for preservation, protection, restoration of wildlife, and recreation than any other administration in California's history.
Advancing renewable energy sources to reduce greenhouse gas emissions and decrease California's dependence on fossil fuel and foreign oil.
- Environmental Enhancement and Mitigation Grant Program for 2015/16 Now Open
- Secretary Laird Appoints Members to Help Draft Revitalization Plan for the Lower Los Angeles River
- Leading Ocean Scientists Recommend An Immediate, Coordinated Action Plan To Combat Alarming Changes To West Coast Seawater Chemistry
- Natural Resources Agency Announces Awards for the Environmental Enhancement and Mitigation Grant Program
- Natural Resources Agency Releases Plan to Guide the State's Climate Change Adaptation
- Secretary Laird Issues Statement on President Obama's Designation of New National Monuments in the California Desert
- Secretary Laird on Revised Drought Relief Bill by U.S. Senator Dianne Feinstein
- Parties Agree to New Path to Advance Klamath Agreement
- State Water Action Plan Updated to Reflect Two Years of Progress
- Snoopy License Plate Campaign Reached Goal
- Lake Tahoe
- California EcoRestore
- California Water Fix
- Groundwater Management
- Funding Opportunities
- SB 4 Scientific Assessment
- Drought Resources
- Bond Programs
- Tribal Consultation Policy
- Legal Affairs - CEQA
- 2015-2016 Budget
- Form 801s
- 2009 SB97 Rulemaking
- Public Records Access
- Strategic Growth Council
- Protecting Against Invasive Species
- Wildfire Information
- Conservation Easements Registry