California Natural Resources Agency
Mission Statement: To restore, protect and manage the state's natural, historical and cultural resources for current and future generations using creative approaches and solutions based on science, collaboration and respect for all the communities and interests involved.
Restoring the Delta and Creating a Clean, Reliable Water Supply
Restoring the ecological health of the Sacramento-San Joaquin Delta is critical for the protection of all species, aquatic and terrestrial, while providing clean, reliable water to 25 million Californians.
Protecting Our Ocean and Coast
Protecting and managing California's 1,100 miles of coastal and ocean resources while safeguarding the diversity and abundance of marine life for generations to come.
Preservation of Habitat and Critical Ecosystems
Preserving the habitat of threatened and endangered species while ensuring that California's critical ecosystems are restored, maintained and protected.
Conserving Treasured Lands and Valuable Natural Resources
Conserving more land for preservation, protection, restoration of wildlife, and recreation than any other administration in California's history.
Developing Renewable Energy Sources
Advancing renewable energy sources to reduce greenhouse gas emissions and decrease California's dependence on fossil fuel and foreign oil.
- State Agencies Collaborate to Improve Freight's Economic and Environmental Performance
- Public Comment Period on Revised Delta Conveyance Document Extended 60 Days
- West Coast Science-Policy Leaders Gather to Discuss Changing Ocean Chemistry
- Interagency Working Group to Review Independent Scientific Study of Oil Recovery Techniques
- California Climate Change Symposium Set for Aug. 24-25
- Secretary Laird on President Obama’s Designation of the Berryessa Snow Mountain National Monument
Secretary Laird on the Lake Tahoe
- Final Volumes of Independent Science Study on Well Stimulation Released
- Notice of Availability for Partially Recirculated Draft EIR / Supplemental Draft EIS on the Bay Delta Conservation Plan / California WaterFix Media Call and Public Meetings Scheduled
- Secretary Laird Appoints Members to the Ocean Science Trust Board
- Audio: California WaterFix / California EcoRestore Press Conference
- Audio: Governor’s Drought Task Force Briefs Media on Emergency Drought Actions
- Lake Tahoe
- California EcoRestore
- California Water Fix
- Groundwater Management
- Funding Opportunities
- SB 4 Scientific Assessment
- Drought Resources
- Bond Programs
- Tribal Consultation Policy
- Legal Affairs - CEQA
- 2014-2015 Budget
- Form 801s
- 2009 SB97 Rulemaking
- Public Records Access
- Strategic Growth Council
- Protecting Against Invasive Species
- Wildfire & Fire Safety Information
- Conservation Easements Registry