California Natural Resources Agency
Mission Statement: To restore, protect and manage the state's natural, historical and cultural resources for current and future generations using creative approaches and solutions based on science, collaboration and respect for all the communities and interests involved.
Restoring the Delta and Creating a Clean, Reliable Water Supply
Restoring the ecological health of the Sacramento-San Joaquin Delta is critical for the protection of all species, aquatic and terrestrial, while providing clean, reliable water to 25 million Californians.
Protecting Our Ocean and Coast
Protecting and managing California's 1,100 miles of coastal and ocean resources while safeguarding the diversity and abundance of marine life for generations to come.
Preservation of Habitat and Critical Ecosystems
Preserving the habitat of threatened and endangered species while ensuring that California's critical ecosystems are restored, maintained and protected.
Conserving Treasured Lands and Valuable Natural Resources
Conserving more land for preservation, protection, restoration of wildlife, and recreation than any other administration in California's history.
Developing Renewable Energy Sources
Advancing renewable energy sources to reduce greenhouse gas emissions and decrease California's dependence on fossil fuel and foreign oil.
- Parties Agree to New Path to Advance Klamath Agreement
- State Water Action Plan Updated to Reflect Two Years of Progress
- Snoopy License Plate Campaign Reached Goal
- Project Nearly Complete to Prevent Straying of Adult Sacramento River Salmon
- Natural Resources Agency Seeks Public Comment on Preparing for Extreme Effects of Climate Change
- Delta Poses "Wicked" Problems That Must Be Managed
- Secretary Laird to Participate in Coastal Cleanup Day
- Secretary Laird on Appointment of Assistant Secretary for Salton Sea Policy
- Lake Tahoe
- California EcoRestore
- California Water Fix
- Groundwater Management
- Funding Opportunities
- SB 4 Scientific Assessment
- Drought Resources
- Bond Programs
- Tribal Consultation Policy
- Legal Affairs - CEQA
- 2015-2016 Budget
- Form 801s
- 2009 SB97 Rulemaking
- Public Records Access
- Strategic Growth Council
- Protecting Against Invasive Species
- Wildfire Information
- Conservation Easements Registry