California Natural Resources Agency
Mission Statement: To restore, protect and manage the state's natural, historical and cultural resources for current and future generations using creative approaches and solutions based on science, collaboration and respect for all the communities and interests involved.
Restoring the Delta and Creating a Clean, Reliable Water Supply
Restoring the ecological health of the Sacramento-San Joaquin Delta is critical for the protection of all species, aquatic and terrestrial, while providing clean, reliable water to 25 million Californians.
Protecting Our Ocean and Coast
Protecting and managing California's 1,100 miles of coastal and ocean resources while safeguarding the diversity and abundance of marine life for generations to come.
Preservation of Sensitive Habitat and Critical Ecosystems
Preserving the sensitive habitat of threatened and endangered species while ensuring that California's critical ecosystems are restored, maintained and protected.
Conserving Treasured Lands and Valuable Natural Resources
Conserving more land for preservation, protection, restoration of wildlife, and recreation than any other administration in California's history.
Developing Renewable Energy Sources
Advancing renewable energy sources to reduce greenhouse gas emissions and decrease California's dependence on fossil fuel and foreign oil.
- Independent Science Study on Oil Recovery Techniques Released
- State of California Strongly Supports Berryessa Snow Mountain National Monument
- Brown Administration Opposes Federal Drought Legislation
- Notice of Public Meeting: Timber Regulation and Forest Restoration Program (AB 1492)
- Internationally Acclaimed Water Expert Visits California to Share Israeli Technology and Experience to Combat Drought
- Resources Secretary and Ocean Protection Council Chair John Laird’s Statement on Gov. Brown’s Signing of Plastic Bag Ban
- U.S. Department of the Interior and State of California Release Draft Desert Renewable Energy Conservation Plan for Public Review
- Drought Resources
- Tribal Consultation Policy
- Legal Affairs - CEQA
- 2014-2015 Budget
- Form 801s
- 2009 SB97 Rulemaking
- Public Records Access
- Strategic Growth Council
- Bay Delta Conservation Plan
- Protecting Against Invasive Species
- Wildfire & Fire Safety Information
- Conservation Easements Registry