Mission Statement: To restore, protect and manage the state's natural, historical and cultural resources for current and future generations using creative approaches and solutions based on science, collaboration and respect for all the communities and interests involved.
Restoring the Delta and Creating a Clean, Reliable Water Supply
Restoring the ecological health of the Sacramento-San Joaquin Delta is critical for the protection of all species, aquatic and terrestrial, while providing clean, reliable water to 25 million Californians.
Protecting Our Ocean and Coast
Protecting and managing California's 1,100 miles of coastal and ocean resources while safeguarding the diversity and abundance of marine life for generations to come.
Preservation of Sensitive Habitat and Critical Ecosystems
Preserving the sensitive habitat of threatened and endangered species while ensuring that California's critical ecosystems are restored, maintained and protected.
Conserving Treasured Lands and Valuable Natural Resources
Conserving more land for preservation, protection, restoration of wildlife, and recreation than any other administration in California's history.
Developing Renewable Energy Sources
Advancing renewable energy sources to reduce greenhouse gas emissions and decrease California's dependence on fossil fuel and foreign oil.
- State Releases Final Safeguarding California Plan for Reducing Climate Risk
- Public Workshops to Solicit Input on the Proposed Scope of Work for the 4th California Climate Assessment
- Secretary Laird Thanks President Obama, Rep. Thompson for Action to Preserve Stornetta Public Lands
- Bay Delta Conservation Plan Public Review Period Extended 60 Days
- Secretary Laird Praises Inclusive Feinstein, Boxer, Costa, Cardenas and Farr Drought Legislation
- Secretary Laird's Statement on USDA Announcement of Regional Climate Hubs
- State of California's Opposition Letter to H.R. 3964
- Final California Water Action Plan Released
- Tribal Consultation Policy
- Legal Affairs - CEQA
- 2013-2014 Budget
- Form 801s
- 2009 SB97 Rulemaking
- Public Records Access
- Strategic Growth Council
- Bay Delta Conservation Plan
- Protecting Against Invasive Species
- Wildfire & Fire Safety Information
- Conservation Easements Registry