AB 2286 requires the Resources Agency to update all of the state's exisiting wetlands inventory resources.
- Written by Susan Davis of San Diego, this bill was approved by the Governor on September 29, 2000.
- It requires the Resource Agency to update all of the state’s existing wetlands inventory resources in order to prepare a restoration, management, and acquisition study to be submitted to the Legislature by January 1, 2003.
- The study will accomplish the following goals:
1) To identify the restoration and enhancement opportunities in the state for wetlands in public ownership.
2) To identify means of protecting and enhancing existing wetlands in public ownership and to identify additional recreational benefits and opportunities that are compatible with the primary goal of maximizing the habitat value of wetlands.
3) To identify opportunities for voluntary public-private partnerships for wetlands restoration, enhancement, and management on private lands.
4) To identify those wetlands of particular significance in the state that are not currently in public ownership for which there is believed to be a willing seller.
5) To identify additional recreational benefits that can be provided on existing, restored, or newly created wetlands in public ownership or for which there is a cooperative agreement for public use by a private landowner and a local, state, or federal agency.
6) To provide a basis for the inclusion of wetlands data and information in the California Legacy Project.
This file last modified on: Thursday, August 13, 1998.
Document URL: http://resources.ca.gov/wetlands/permitting/cca_summary.html
Copyright © 1997 California Resources Agency. All rights reserved.