Buildings and ConstructionHow and where we build will determine how vulnerable we are to climate impacts and how expensive those impacts will be when they occur. New buildings and infrastructure should avoid high risk areas - those areas vulnerable to fire, sea level rise and flooding. Both new and existing buildings should maximize energy and water efficiency and add onsite energy generation such as rooftop solar where feasible.
- What Impacts will Occur in Your Area
- Reduce Energy and Water Demand
- Commercial Building Design
- California Solar Initiative
- Other Resources to Develop Onsite Generation